Philips Norelco BG2040/34 Bodygroom 7100 Review
Product Contents List
- Bodygroom 7100 electric groomer
- Store-and-charge stand
- Power cord
- Cleaning brush
The Philips Norelco BG2040/34 Bodygroom 7100's all in one design allows complete flexibility - trimming and shaving all areas of the body conveniently and safely below the neck.
Suitable for use from chest and abs to back and shoulders, it comes complete with charging station for convenient, cordless use. It's high-performance battery provides up to 50 minutes use from one hour's charging.
With a 3-D pivoting shaving head to follow the contours of the body and a built in trimming comb with 5 length settings, the device will comfortably glide over the skin, preventing nicks and minimising risk of irritation, even for sensitive skin.
The maintenance-free blades are self-sharpening, so the only maintenance will be to change the foil every 6-12 months with the BG2000 replacement foil.
The Philips Norelco BG2040/34 Bodygroom 7100 can be used wet or dry, and is easy to clean by simply rinsing under a running tap.
Priced at around $70, the Bodygroom 7100 is an affordable all round body shaver/trimmer for good functionality and results.
This product comes with a 45 day risk-free trial and a full 2-year warranty.
- Dual-End Design - a unique 3-D pivoting head to closely follows the body's contours plus integrated pre-trimmers located on both sides, allowing a close shave without having to go over the same area twice - minimising skin irritation. At the bottom of the Bodygroom 7100 is a high-performance trimmer which features rounded blades and combs to prevent scratches
- Five length settings - adjustable trimmer, 1/8 inch to 11/25 inch - no fiddling with attachments
- Ergonomic Design - equipped with soft rubber side panels and buttons provide a secure, comfortable grip for both wet and dry use.
- Water Resistant - easy to clean and safe to use in the shower.
- Skin Protection - shaving head is made from hypo-allergenic materials.
- Self-sharpening blades - no maintenance or lubrication required
- Cordless, Rechargeable Power System - 50 minutes from a single one-hour charge. The foldable stand offers easy charging and storage, and its LED battery indicator shows full, low, or charging power status
- 45-day money-back guarantee
- Full two year warranty
How it Works
The unit has a charging indicator light which glows orange to indicate that the battery requires re-charging. Whilst the battery is recharging a flashing green light shows, which stops flashing and glows continuously once the battery is fully charged. After 30 minutes, the light goes off altogether.
It can only be charged in the charging stand.
When using the trimmer you should use smooth, gently movements and not move the trimmer too fast. When first using, it is best to practice with the longest setting (5) until you gauge how long you wish the hair to be.
The trimmer is more effective if used on clean, dry skin and hair. Always clean after each use following the instructions and precautions provided in the user manual.
The 5 trimmer settings range from 1 = 3mm (1/8 inch) to 5 = 11mm (7/16 inch).
When shaving with the bodygroom 7100, always follow the instructions. The shaver is for body only and should not be used on the face or scalp.
When using for the first time on sensitive areas, you may experience some discomfort or irritation. This is common and should improve over time as the skin adjusts to being shaved.
For dry use, skin should be clean and thoroughly dry. For wet use shaving soap or foam can be used, ideally in the shower.
Always ensure that the shaving foil is in complete contact with the skin, pushing gently against it but DO NOT PRESS Hard.
The shaver should be moved slowly and smoothly in the direction of the hair growth for best results.
What Customers Think (reviews)
This product is rated at 4.1 stars out of 5 on Amazon, and is their best seller in personal groomers. Out of 1832 reviews, an impressive 1038 rated it at 5 stars, with a further 352 rating 4 stars.
As with all products, there are some negative comments - some concerning nicks in sensitive areas. However, looking at the feedback from others, there are many more positive reviews around the same subject.
Some Customer Comments
"I cannot say enough good things about this product!! It is very good at getting a very close shave, and I feel safe enough to use it for "sensitive" areas, which I can only assume is the main purpose of this product. Some areas are better with the guarded edge, while others are better with the trimmer edge which works well for large areas. It holds a charge for quite a while ( a couple months of regular use for me). I have tried waxing, traditional razors, and epilators, and this is by far the superior choice. No pain, no bumps, and very fast."
- Corey Hillskotter
"This is a great body groomer, works great for chest hair, and works really good below the waist line, if your woman likes you trim and proper down below, this will work great for you, even if you want to go totally hairless, just take your time and you should be all set!!"
Things we Liked
- Cordless - convenient use
- Wet & Dry use - great for use in shower, better for sensitive skin
- Trimmer with 5 length settings - for flexibility without the need for fiddly attachments
- Hypoallergenic materials used - great for sensitive skin
- Positive Reviews - plenty of positive feedback on Amazon and other websites
- Money Back Guarantee and Warranty
- Low Maintenance
Things we didn't Like
- Some negative feedback - a few comments re nicks in sensitive areas
- Non-replaceable battery - once the battery gives up, the groomer needs replacing