Braun Cruzer 6 Body Shaver Review
Product Contents List
- Cruzer 6 Body Shaver
- Charging Stand
- 3 Trimming Combs
- Shower Hanger/Travel Case
- Drawstring Travel Bag
- Additional Gillette Fusion Cartridge
The Braun CruZer 6 Body Shaver is a 2-in-1 device, easily changed from trimming to shaving at the touch of a button.
It is suitable for all body areas including genital, but not recommended for face or scalp.
The device has wet & dry technology, and can be safely used in bath or shower. Perfect for even sensitive skin.
- Trimming combs (a: sensitive, b:medium = 3cm, long = 8mm)
- Long hair trimmer
- Shaving system
- Shaving system holder
- Slider with button
- On/off switch
- Charging light
- Protection cover / holder
- Powered Body Trimmer - 1mm trimming teeth for sensitive areas, minimizing risk of nicks and cuts and 3 trimming lengths (0.6mm, 3mm and 8mm)
- Wet Shave - 5 integrated Gillette Fusion blades to give a smooth, clean shave. The 5 blades are specially aligned, spaced closely together to minimise pressure and offer optimum results whilst minimizing skin irritation.
- Combination Mode - Allows for trimming and shaving of long hair in one stroke for quick, hassle-free results.
- Ergonomic Design - Specially designed to allow comfortable shaving of all body parts.
- Wet & Dry - can be used in shower
- Charging LED Indicator
- 50 Minutes Use - from full charge
How it Works
The device must be fully charged prior to first use (this takes approximately 14 hours to give up to 50 minutes use): Plug charger into mains electrical outlet and place the cruZer body onto it.
The charging light will glow whilst the appliance is being charged and go off when complete. The light blinks intermittently to show that the battery is holding its full capacity.
The manufacturer recommends that batteries are discharged completely at 6 month intervals to maintain maximum battery performance and extend their life.
- Contour Trimming/Against the Skin - Use the trimmer alone for trimming precise lines. If you wish, you can apply shaving foam, soap or gel, then stretch your skin and move the trimmer against the direction of hair growth.
- Using Trimming Combs - these should be used on dry hair only, removing hairs whenever they build up in front of the comb. The trimming combs allow for cutting at either 3mm or 8mm long. We recommend that you start by practicing with the long trimming comb, gently moving against the direction of hair growth with the comb tips pointing forward.
- Sensitive Areas - Use the sensitive comb attachment, and taking special care to stretch skin taut, gently move the device against the direction of hair growth with the comb tips pointing forwards.
- Shave - To shave only, press the « » button to extend the slider as far as it will go, then place against the stretched skin, ensuring good contact and without applying too much pressure, gently slide against the direction of hair growth. It is recommended to use shaving foam or gel for this function.
- Combishave - Ideal for areas such as chest and back. Press the « » button to extend the slider. Ideally use with shaving foam or gel and ensure that both the trimer and shaving parts are in contact with the skin. First the trimmer raises and cuts the hairs, then the shaving system removes the remainder to leave smooth, closely shaved skin. For sensitive areas, use the sensitive attachment.
The Cruzer 6 Body Shaver is not designed to be used for use on the face or scalp.
The protective cover can also be used as a shower holder. When used as a protective cover, the device should be inserted with the trimmer facing inwards and when used as holder, it should be inserted with the trimmer facing outwards
Cleaning and maintenance
The Cruzer Body must be cleaned after each use by Removing trimming combs and brushing trimmer and comb thoroughly.
If you have used shaving gel or foam, rinse under hot, running water, shake well and leave to dry.
It is recommend that a drop of light machine oil is applied to the trimmer on a weekly basis.
Replacing the shaving system
When the green indicator stripe becomes discoloured, the cartridge needs to be replaced, using Gillette Fusion cartridges only.
What Customer Think (reviews)
The Braun Cruzer 6 Body Shaver has a star rating on Amazon of 4.1 out of 5 from 165 customer reviews. Of these, 75% rated the product at either 4 or 5 stars.
Review comments range from "hated it" to "love, love, love it" but on the whole, the reviews for this product were positive.
Some Customer Comments
"Awesome, it works wonderfully, it is the best thing ever and I will certainly never EVER buy any other brand. I got it as a gift for someone this time around and he loved it. I have had mine for over 3 years and it works like the first day. NO COMPLAINTS" - Sigler
"Love, love, LOVE this thing! It's everything you need for any potential trimming or shaving. I really like the 3 sizes of guards, and the 3 options of trimming, trimming and shaving, or just shaving. It works very smoothly and I am really glad I splurged on it!" - Autumn S
Things we Liked
- Trimmer and Shaver - all in one for versatile use on all body areas
- Combishave Function - quick and easy to use for large areas
- Sensitive Attachment - specially designed for sensitive skin/areas
- Wet/Dry - convenient to use, in bath or shower
- 3 Trimming Lengths
- Convenient Shower Holder
Things we didn't Like
- Lengthy Charge Time - 14 hours for full charge
- Cost of Replacement Parts - Gillette Fusion replacement cartridges are reltively costly