Panasonic ES2207P Ladies Electric Shaver Review
This electric ladies shaver from Panasonic, a well-known big Brand represents a good quality, value for money product at an online price of around just $20. Rechargeable for cordless, wet or dry use, hypoallergenic blades for sensitive skin and integral pop-up trimmer. Comes complete with 2 year limited manufacturer's warranty. All in all a good little device for the price.
4.3 out of 5 Stars
Ergonomically shaped for comfortable hold the Panasonic ES2207P measures 150mm (h) x 53mm (w) x 46mm (d) and weighs 150g.
It is fully rechargeable and can be used wet or dry. The charging stand plugs conveniently into a wall socket without the need of trailing cords.
Hypoallergenic blades make it suitable for sensitive skin and there is a convenient pop-up trimmer included for trimming areas such as bikini line.
What's in the Box?
- Panasonic ES2207P Electric Shaver with protective cap
- Charging Stand (AC100 - 120V)
- Cleaning Brush
- Travel Pouch
A Look at the Product
The Panasonic ES2207P foil shaver features 3, independently moving heads to closely follow the contours of the legs and body, designed to give a smooth, even shave.
The sharp, stainless steel, hypoallergenic blades are covered by a fine, perforated foil which act as a barrier between skin and blade.
The perforations in the foil allow the hairs to be lifted up for cutting at the base for a good, close finish whilst minimizing irritation.
The integral pop-up trimmer at the front of the shaver head is operated by the touch of a button.
It allows trimming of longer hairs before shaving them, and particularly convenient for trimming of the bikini area.
The device is rechargeable for convenient, cordless use so it can be used anywhere and has the versatility of being suitable for both wet or dry shaving.
If using wet, you may also use shaving cream or foam etc. for added glide and comfort and it is 100% waterproof for using in the shower or bath.
I particularly like the charger, which plugs straight into the mains socket and the shaver then sits on it to charge.
I think this is a great, space-saving design and saves having trailing wires and wondering where to put the charging stand.
The device is fully charged in 12 hours and a full charge is sufficient for around 25 - 30 minutes of shave time.
There is an indicator light on the charger which stays alight all the time it is connected to the power.
It comes complete with a cleaning brush for cleaning the shaver dry, but it can equally be cleaned by rinsing under a running tap.
How to Use
Obviously, it is important to read all the instructions that come with the device, paying particular attention to all precautions.
Here we have outlined the basic usage instructions, just to give you an idea:
- Charge - prior to first use the shaver needs to be fully charged for 12 hours and recharged whenever it starts to lose speed. A full charge should be sufficient for around 25 - 30 minutes shaving time.
- Charging - make sure the shaver is turned off and stand it firmly in place on the charging stand. Plug into an AC outlet - the indicator light will glow all the time it is plugged into the power.
- Dry Use - Hold the shaver at a 90 degree angle to the skin and make sure the area to be shaved is dry of moisture (a little baby talc can be rubbed in) and held nice and taut to avoid pinching
- Wet use - wet the skin well and lather with your favourite shaving cream, foam etc. Use the shaver in the same way, wet or dry.
- Glide - glide the shaver slowly and smoothly across the skin in back and forth directions, without exerting pressure
- Trimmer - slide switch for pop up trimmer up to trim long hairs before shaving
- Legs - move shaver upwards, from ankle to knee
- Underarm - hold up up to stretch skin and shave up and down
- Arms - shave from outside to inside
- Bikini - use pop-up trimmer
- Rinse - the manufacturer recommends that the shaver is cleaned with running water and a liquid hand soap
- Foil - the foil is cleaned whilst in place by applying soap and turning the shaver on for a few seconds whilst holding under a running tap
- Blades - the foil is removed to expose the blades which can then be rinsed with clean water
- Dry - the whole head needs to be dried fully and carefully to keep the device in good condition and preserve the life of the blades
- Protective Cap - use the protective cap whilst storing to avoid damage to the head
It is important to replace the foil and blades from time to time to maintain the efficiency of your shaver.
The manufacturer recommends that you replace the outer foil (WES9775P) at least annually and the inner blade (WES9752P) at least bi-annually.
Advantages of Shaving
Although shaving gives the shortest lasting results, it has to be said that there are several advantages over other hair removal methods:
- No Pain - surely top of the list especially if, like me, you have a low tolerance for pain. Other, longer lasting methods such as threading, tweezing, waxing etc. which involve yanking the hairs out at the root inevitably evoke some pain, albeit at varying levels. Even IPL and laser removal are not pain-free.
- Convenience - another biggie for me, shaving has to be one of the most convenient, especially dry electric shaving which can literally be done anywhere at any time.
- Quick and Easy - no particular skill required to operate an electric shaver beyond the ability to hold at the correct angle and not exert pressure. Shaving can't really be beaten for speed either.
- No mess - OK, if you are wet shaving, maybe there will be a bit of cleaning up to do, but if you are having a quick dry shave, then a bit of a brush off with a little cleaning brush is about it.
- Cost Effective - aside from the occasional replacement parts, shaving with an electric shaver (especially dry shaving) is a one-off investment, just purchase the shaver and off you go.
Product Q & A's
Can this shaver be used whilst charging?
No - the shaver sits on the charger whilst charging.
Can you shave long hair with this shaver?
Yes - you should use the pop up trimmer to trim longer hairs first, and then shave them.
Is it OK for underarms?
Yes, it is great for underarms - just make sure that you put your arm up high enough so that the skin is stretch nice and taut to avoid any pinching.
Is the charger light supposed to go off when the shaver is charged?
No, the light on the charger stays on all the time it is connected to the power socket.
Can I use it in the shower?
Yes, the shaver is 100% waterproof for use in the bath or shower.
Does it have a guarantee?
Yes, it comes with a 30 day quality satisfaction guarantee and 2 year manufacturers warranty covering parts, labor and rechargeable battery.
All in all we found this to be a pretty efficient device for the price tag, suitable for sensitive skin and ergonomically designed for a comfortable hold.
The compact charger is a great little feature and the pop up trimmer is handy for dealing with longer hairs.
Things we Liked
- Value for money - an inexpensive shaver at around just $20
- Convenient - easy and quick to use
- Versatile - can be used wet or dry, with or without creams/foams
- Sensitive Skin - suitable for use on sensitive skin with hypoallergenic blades and foil
- Bikini Trimmer - built in for convenience
- Compact Charger - space saving plug in design
Things we didn't Like
- Charge Time - 12 hour charging for only 25 - 30 mins shaving
- Indicator Light - the charging light doesn't indicate when the battery is fully charged it merely shows that it is connected to the mains power.
- Frequent Use Needed - the results of shaving are short-lived compared with other methods of hair removal