Tweezerman LTD Mini Slant Tweezer Review
The Tweezerman LTD Mini Slant Tweezer is manufactured in India from Stainless Steel with an Enamel colour coating in several different colours, or there is a steel finish version.
They are of good quality, similar to their "big brother", the award-winning Tweezerman Slant, but made much smaller, to conveniently fit in purse or pocket.
They are precision-made to have perfect alignment and hand-filed tips for maximum grip and efficacy.
What you Get
The picture above shows the packaging that the tweezers arrived in.
As you can see, although not provided with the usual tip cover, it does come with a plastic tube for storage and carrying around - even better!
The back of the packaging provides an outline of use and care of the product as follows:
- Prior to tweezing take a hot shower or use a warm flannel to open pores
- Always tweeze in the direction of hair growth to avoid breaking the hair above the surface of the skin
- Pull out one hair at a time, from the root
- Use cold water or a suitable astringent to close pores after tweezing
- Wait at least 5 minutes before applying make-up
- Clean tweezers after each use (we suggest a rubbing alcohol)
- Avoid dropping the tweezers as this can damage the tip and throw them out of alignment
- Always store tweezers in tube (it also said keep protective cover on tip - but as none was provided we can only assume these are not product-specific instructions!)
A Look at the Tweezerman LTD Mini Slant
First impressions of these tweezers are that they are cute and appealing, but very small, so wondering how they will perform in use?
They measure just 6.9 cm from pointed tip to bottom - the picture above shows how that looks against my hand.
I have to say though, that the small size has no bearing on the quality of manufacture - the tips were perfectly aligned and the tension spot on.
Unsurprisingly, they are a fair bit lighter than the regular sized Tweezerman Slant.
The enamel coating, whilst pretty, has an untextured, shiny finish rather than the sleek, matt finish of its larger counterpart. I must admit, I prefer the feel of the matt finish myself, but this is a small point and hardly a deal-breaker!
So, now for the all-important performance; I found them to be very efficient in grasping hair securely every time and did not experience any slipping. Easier to use than I first thought, overall I was pretty impressed.
The only down side is that they are a little fiddly to use, and not as easy to control as the larger version. I think that they make a great second pair, but for regular use - brow shaping and such, I would find them hard to grip for any length of time.
To be fair, Tweezerman do market these tweezers as "the ideal take-along second tweezer" and as such, they do not disappoint.
The plastic tube is great to keep them in to keep them safe and in top condition.
Priced at around $10 these tweezers will not break the bank and offer good value for money - well looked after, as a second pair, they should last for several years.
See our Review of the regular Tweezerman Slant here: Tweezerman Slant Tweezers Full Review with Photos
Why Choose a Slant Tip?
Slant tipped tweezers are the most versatile and easy to use.
The slant tip can be angled parallel to your brow, so that pulling out the hair in the direction of growth is easy.
Coupled with this, whenever point-tipped precision is needed, they can be flipped over to use the pointed end of the tip.
For information about how to shape brows, see our article: Eyebrow Hair Removal, Shaping, Tweezing and Threading
On Amazon, this product achieves an average 4.3 stars out of 5, from a fairly weighty 937 reviews. Of these, 69% gave the top 5 star rating and a further 12% gave 4 stars.
A look at the most recent poor reviews revealed that one recurring issue is that individuals were expecting 3 pairs of tweezers for $10, as there are 3 pairs in the picture, each showing a different colour.
So beware, the cost is for one pair of tweezers only, the picture is just to show the range of colours available - you may receive any one of them!
Tweezerman offer a free sharpening service for as long as the tweezers can be sharpened with no outbound shipping or handling charges and no processing fees, full details of which can be found on their website.
Having looked, it seems like a pretty simple process - you just complete the online form and print it out to put in with your tweezers and send it off to the NY address supplied.
If they are not able to sharpen them for any reason, they even provide you with a coupon for a 50% discount off a new, comparable pair.
Things we Liked
- Protective Tube - Great for storage and safety - those tips are sharp to have uncovered in your pocket!
- Portability - just the right size to pop in your purse!
- Versatile - slanted tip for ease plus precision
- Customer Service - free sharpening, a great added bonus
- 50% off coupon - if tweezers not able to be sharpened
- Value for Money - at around $10 for good quality product
Things we didn't Like
- Fiddly to use - The downside of such a small tweezer
- Enamel Coat - not the matt finish of the larger Tweezerman Slant
Our Final Thoughts
Overall, I think this is a good little pair of tweezers at the right price, and I would recommend them as a second pair, to keep on you for occasional use.
If you are like me, and have stiffness in your hands and fingers, or you have large hands, you will more than likely find them a bit fiddly to use, although just as efficient as larger tweezers.
Whether you believe this is a worthwhile purchase depends very much on whether you require tweezers on a regular basis away from home. If so - they are great!