Veet for Men Hair Removal Gel Cream Review
Veet for Men Gel Cream comes in a 200ml tube, complete with full instructions.
The gel cream is can be used on the back, chest, legs, arms and underarm areas and works within 3 - 6 minutes to leave the area smooth and hair free.
Results last for several days, much longer than shaving.
How to Use
Firstly, you will need to carry out a skin test 24 hours prior to full use by applying gel cream to a small part of the area you wish to treat, following the instructions.
Assuming there are no adverse skin reactions, such as redness, irritation or swelling you can proceed.
Squeeze sufficient gel cream into the palm of your hand avoiding contact with eyes at all times. If any cream accidentally comes into contact with your eyes, rinse with plenty of water and seek medical attention.
Spread the cream onto the surface of the skin being treated thinly and evenly, covering all hairs whilst avoiding rubbing the cream in. The gel cream can be used only for legs, arms, back, chest and underarms.
Leave for 3 minutes, then gently test the area to see if hair comes away easily with the cream, using a damp washcloth or spatula.
If necessary it can be left on longer - but no more than 6 minutes maximum. Be sure to time this period carefully to avoid causing skin irritation.
Gently wipe the cream away using a damp washcloth or sponge and then rinse thoroughly with warm water to wash away any remaining cream or hairs in the shower.
Gently pat skin dry with a towel, and leave at least 72 hours between treatments.
Possible Side Effects
The risk of side effects will be greatly reduced if you read and follow all precautions and directions prior to use.
These are some of the precautions recommended by the manufacturer to prevent any serious adverse effects:
- Check with your doctor before using if you are on any medication which can affect the skin, if you suffer from any skin related disorder, or if you have a condition which may affect the skin
- Before every use, TEST YOUR SKIN REACTION by applying and removing the product to a small part of the area you wish to treat, following the directions for use. If after 24 HOURS there is no adverse reaction, continue to use
- NOT SUITABLE for use on head, face, eyes, nose, ears, around the anus, genitals and nipples or any other body parts
- Do not use on varicose veins, scars, moles, spotty, broken, irritated, sunburnt skin or on skin that has had an adverse reaction to hair removal creams in the past
- Do not use the cream if the cream itself is not all the same color, or if the tube it comes in is damaged.
- Always leave 72 hours between hair removal sessions
- If you experience any smarting/tingling during use, remove the product immediately and rinse thoroughly with cold water. If a burning sensation persists, seek medical advice.
- After use we recommend waiting 24 hours before using anti-perspirant, any other perfumed product, using artificial tanning equipment, swimming or sunbathing.
- In case of ingestion, seek medical advice immediately and show outer pack
- Avoid contact with eyes. In case of contact with eyes, rinse immediately with plenty of water and seek medical advice.
- Skin may be more sensitive for a short time after use, so avoid scratching
- Don't use this cream immediately after a hot bath/shower.
- Contains alkali and thioglycolate
- KEEP OUT OF REACH OF CHILDREN
Is It Effective?
Veet for Men Hair Removal Gel Cream is quick and effective for most men and the results generally last for several days.
it is a great alternative to shaving for covering large areas of the body quickly, with reduced risk of the ingrown hairs and razor burn associated with shaving.
It is reasonably priced, at $11.56 at time of review and we believe, represents good value for money.
What Customers Think (reviews)
This product has 4.1 stars out of 5 on Amazon from 82 reviews.
Of these, 59% gave 5 stars and 20% gave 4 stars so it is easy to see that many more customers were satisfied than not.
Comments range from "I love it, very efficient" all the way down to "doesn't work for me".
Personally, I think that if you are a percentages person, and would like to use a depilatory cream, this is well worth trying.
Some Customer Comments
"good product, i recommend buying this"
"I have not compared to anything else yet but has removed my chest hair ( it struggles with shorter hair somehow more difficult to remove.)"
- pepelepew "Joe"
We found several reviews regarding the painful side effects of using this product on the genital areas - however, the manufacturer clearly states that it is NOT designed for this purpose. DO NOT buy this product to use on areas of the body other than those recommended!
Things we Liked
- Fast acting
- Covers large areas
- Works on coarse hair
- Competitively priced
- Majority of reviews positive
Things we didn't Like
- Unpleasant smell
- Some negative comments from customers saying it did not work for them
Veet for Men Hair Removal Gel Cream is a worthy candidate to include in your hair removal routine.
For the price, it offers a great alternative to shaving and can cover large areas very quickly - reacting in no more than 6 minutes, leaving your skin smooth and hair-free for several days.